In any healthcare team, someone with a negative energy pulls the whole mood down. You don’t want to be that person. Instead, you want to be the one that spreads positive energy during your shift. But how can you do that?
Here are 10 ideas for helping to bring positive energy to your healthcare team:
- Tell a joke. It never hurts to inject a little humor into your shift. And your team members will appreciate it. Tell a joke, crack a laugh, tease someone in good nature… making someone else smile is always a good way to spread positive energy.
- Help a team member. Giving someone else a helping hand is a great way to make yourself and someone else feel better. And it makes everyone’s day go better. Lend a hand to a team member in need; you’ll be surprised at how simple it is to boost team morale.
- Provide snacks. It’s all too easy for time to fly by and for a nurse to miss breakfast or lunch. You’ll be the team hero if you provide snacks. It’s a simple way to make everyone happier and more energetic.
- Catch up on your charting. Everyone wants to leave on time. And keeping up with your charting is the best way to make that happen. Stay on top of your charts and encourage your teammates to do the same. It will pay off at the end of your shift!
- Sing. No, you don’t have to belt out in song as if you’re in a musical. But simply humming a tune is a good way to pump some endorphins into your system. And the energy will be contagious.
- Stop complaining. Do you find yourself frequently complaining to your team members or even patients? Stop this behavior and watch how the mood of your team immediately goes up. No one likes someone who is constantly complaining.
- Fake it ‘till you make it. Even if you don’t feel positive on a particular day, make out as though you are. Eventually, you and those around you will believe it!
- Give a compliment. Imagine how you’d feel if someone gave you a random compliment. Do this for others — it’s a great way to boost the positive energy on the floor.
- Take a break. Remember: if you’re exhausted, and on your last leg, you’ll be ineffective and negative. Lead by example and take a break when you need it. You’ll return feeling reenergized and positive.
- Be grateful. Be grateful that you’re paid to care for people every day. That positive energy will spread to the team members around you!
Spread Positive Energy at a New Job
Ready for your next opportunity? Health Advocates Network can help you find a job you want and deserve. Contact us today and visit our Jobs page to view open positions near you.